Gobliins 2 CD Version

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Gandalf-derGraue

Gobliins 2 CD Version

Post by Gandalf-derGraue »

Hi @all,

after a long time I have visited the ScummVM site and noticed that Gobliins 2 was now supported! Yay! I got the CD version myself, but never got it to work. Now I wanted to use it for ScummVM, but the CD sounds don't play. I noticed that it would be like Loom or Monkey Island 1 so I ripped the music and put it with the game in a folder, but it doesn't play. Does the mp3 have to have a certain name?
iPwnzorz

Post by iPwnzorz »

If I remember rightly it needs to be MUSIC1 or TRACK1 etc

Yes I remembered. track1.mp3 track2.mp3 track3.mp3 and so on
Gandalf-derGraue

A pity, it doesn't work. But thanks anyway. Maybe it isn't that good implemented yet.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Did you check the readme at all?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Gandalf-derGraue wrote:A pity, it doesn't work. But thanks anyway. Maybe it isn't that good implemented yet.
I haven't tried it with MP3 audio, but it does work for me with Ogg Vorbis, i.e. with track1.ogg.
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

Gandalf-derGraue wrote:Maybe it isn't that good implemented yet.
Actually, it is and I'm pretty sure it should work. At least it does for me and reports by others seem to indicated it works for them, too... :)

The CD sounds register as music in the ScummVM mixer, is that volume perhaps turned low/off?

If it really doesn't work for you, then please, open a report in our bugtracker and give all relevant informations (ScummVM and game versions, game language, console output, ...).
Collector

Post by Collector »

I had problems with the audio when I ripped with Audiograbber, but it worked fine when ripped with IsoBuster.
Gandalf-derGraue

Ok, I coverted it to .ogg via GoldWave and renamed it track1.ogg, now it works! Thanks to everyone!