Datel Games n' Music?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jacksteruk309

Datel Games n' Music?

Post by Jacksteruk309 »

Hey there, just wondering if anyone has any experience with ScummVM on the new Datel Games n' Music?

Whenever I try to play ScummVM it gives the message 'Flash Card Reader Not Found!'

I'm not sure about this but it seems to be related to the Datel Max Media, in that they both have the same firmware (my card reports it's version 1.22 and the Max Media site says the latest is 1.22) and the Codejunkies shop seems to suggest the mini site is the same as the Max Media mini site http://uk.codejunkies.com/news_reviews. ... i=9069&s=8

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Jack
alcaholjunkie

Post by alcaholjunkie »

Is that the same thing as "Max Media Dock" on chism's dldi page?

If so then you could dldi patch beta2 for use on your cart. ^_^

if you can't get dldi version to work, you may just have to use the .zip method stated ont he scummvmDS website. ^_^

Post by #716 »

Since this is my first post, I'd just like to say that I think agentq's work on this program is amazing. Maybe it's just because I know absolutely nil about programming, but the notion of all these classic games running on a handheld machine completely blows my mind. Big thanks go out to the entire ScummVM community for all the hard work!

With that said, however, I'm in the same boat as Jack... I've tried several methods to get ScummVM on my DS using Datel's Games 'n' Music, and the only method that seems to make anything happen at all is the Max Media Dock method. But even then, all that happens is that I get the "Flash card reader not found!" message. Like I said, I have zero knowledge of programming or FAT libraries or anything, but I have two theories as to why this keeps happening:

1. I get the impression that ScummVM DS is a little picky with Micro SD card readers (such as Games 'n' Music), as opposed to standard SD. Or does it just dislike certain CARDS?

2. The program thinks I'm using a Max Media Dock, so it looks for the card reader in slot 2. (Games 'n' Music is a slot 1 reader.)

Am I close with either of these?
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The current beta of ScummVM DS (v0.9.1 beta2) runs perfectly on all cards with a working DLDI driver, with all types of card and card reader.

Unfortunately, Datel do not provide a DLDI driver for their Games 'n Music card. They did provide the source code that allowed a driver to be created for the Max Media Dock though, so they may well provide this for the Games 'n Music card.

Until they do, there is no way to run ScummVM DS on the card. Better get emailing them and ask them to provide one!

Post by #716 »

(Sorry to rescusitate such an old thread, especially if my question has been answered in the time since, but in the interest of keeping everything GnM-related in one easy-to-access thread, I thought I'd bring it up here.)

I see in this thread on this board that agentq advises another user against using the GnM, due to very new reverse-engineered drivers that were unreliable. Does this mean that there's a DLDI driver out there for GnM? That's news to me. Anyone know where I can find it?

I know I'm probably better off just finding a different card reader... but hey, I'm frugal. I bought the GnM before I knew any better....

EDIT: Nevermind-- found it. I'll give it a shot, see what happens.

(And thanks, Chishm, for doing what Datel couldn't bother with.)