Future Wars: Soundtrack support

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

miller.james

Future Wars: Soundtrack support

Post by miller.james »

First to all guys making scummVM possible: THANK YOU - VERY WELL DONE!!

I got the soundtrack from "Future Wars" recently (legally downloadable from [censored, advertiser ID spam + the site in question is at least a gray area, if not outright illegal, outside of Russia]).

Is there any chance to support these tracks inside the game with scummVM? That'll be great ...

THX

Jim
Laserschwert

Post by Laserschwert »

And you really assume downloading from that site is legal? C'mon, don't be that naive!

Mh... or is this just another spammer, and I'm the naive one?
clem

Post by clem »

I just hope there weren't any exploits there - I visited it from IE at work :|
miller.james

Post by miller.james »

sorry guys for my impreciseness - the given site contains just a link to legalsounds.com, where you're able to buy that soundtrack. you may not just download it for free ...

next time i'm more careful.

after clarifying that, what about my "how's the chance of support"-question ?? ;)
DrMcCoy
ScummVM Developer

Post by DrMcCoy »

miller.james wrote:sorry guys for my impreciseness - the given site contains just a link to legalsounds.com, where you're able to buy that soundtrack. you may not just download it for free ...
1. The give site contains a link + an advertiser ID, everybody who signs up through that link, (unintentionally) gives you money. You should have had at least the courtesy of telling that

2. legalsounds.com, despite its name, isn't all that legal outside of Russia. Their legal info and terms of service even include "All the materials in the LegalSounds.com music service are available for distribution via Internet according to license ЛС-3М-05-09 of the Russian Multimedia and Internet Society." and "You agree with the fact that you are not able to use or to download audio materials from LegalSounds.com if it is in the conflict with legislation of your country.".
miller.james

Post by miller.james »

DrMcCoy wrote:The give site contains a link + an advertiser ID, everybody who signs up through that link, (unintentionally) gives you money. You should have had at least the courtesy of telling that
to suppress a sprouting misunderstanding: I have no relation to that given link nor do I get any money from anyone clicking on any link.

I allready own that soundtrack and just looked through the web to find any site where anyone may buy that sountrack. I ain't looked at that site careful enough to see, that it may be illegal.

Ergo, I'm sorry for any inconvenience I caused - I'll be more careful next time I investigate and/or post anything ;)

---

after all, I'm not sure, if I may still request the support of that soundtrack, I have no idea where get from legally ... :?

If not, just write a "shut up" and I'll never mention that topic again ;)

Greets

Jim