Error in the Screenshot Gallery of Monkey Island 1

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

DelSol

Error in the Screenshot Gallery of Monkey Island 1

Post by DelSol »

Hey Guys, I think in the Screenshot Gallery of Monkey Island 1 at the Screenshot from the Amiga Version - I think its the Atari Version not the Amiga one. Just wanted to let you know - great site and great tool.
Arantor

Post by Arantor »

Hello
I had a look but couldn't tell whether it was the Amiga or ST version; the scalers hide some things that would otherwise give it away.

It does look like it could be the Amiga version though (having grown up playing the Amiga version) It looks a lot like I remember...

I must go away and make some definitively Amiga screenshots then...
ATMachine

Post by ATMachine »

It's the Amiga version. The Amiga version backgrounds are in 32 colors, but the Atari version uses the original EGA backgrounds.

Although there are two different versions of MI1 even on the Amiga! The original release used the unaltered EGA character sprites from the PC version, but later releases modified the sprites' palette to look more realistic (in particular, the red flesh tones were changed to a very light pink).

The screenshot is of the first release of MI1 Amiga, with the EGA sprites.
LogicDeLuxe

Post by LogicDeLuxe »

ATMachine wrote:in particular, the red flesh tones were changed to a very light pink
Which doesn't look that realistic either, since it's too bright in all the dark rooms.
The VGA skin color fits much better, imho.