can I convert back from ogg

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Nintendo DS port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Bobbin Threadbare

can I convert back from ogg

Post by Bobbin Threadbare »

Hi I have recently brought a ds and I want to play loom on it I converted the sou file to ogg format to save room on my psp but I see this file is not supported on the ds, Im at uni at the moment and ive left my loom cd at home so cant get to it for a month so i was just wondering if i can do anything to the ogg file i have or do i have to wait till i get home to get the actual files off the cd?

not related but whenever i put any scumm game on my n80 mobile they always crash is it because the speach files are in ogg as well? so far ive tried sam & max day of the tenticle and loom,

also not related dose any 1 kno where is a good place to buy scumm games i live in the uk and i lost my copy on day of the tenticla and ended up paying £31 for a copy of it on ebay, i now want to play the dig but my dad threw out all my very old games thinking i wouldnt want them :(

EDIT: ive found a freeware program that can convert the file to mp3 or wav format dose this help at all?

thanks in advance
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: can I convert back from ogg

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Bobbin Threadbare wrote:Hi I have recently brought a ds and I want to play loom on it I converted the sou file to ogg format to save room on my psp but I see this file is not supported on the ds, Im at uni at the moment and ive left my loom cd at home so cant get to it for a month so i was just wondering if i can do anything to the ogg file i have or do i have to wait till i get home to get the actual files off the cd?
Well, with Loom there is no monster.sou file to begin with, just one big CD audio track, so I guess that one could just be re-encoded to whatever format is needed.

As for converting a compressed monster.sou back to an uncompressed one... I doubt there is, or ever will be, such a tool, since the normal case would be to simply get the original file from the CD.
Bobbin Threadbare

hi there I tried converting it back to a wav file(i think thats what it must have been to begin with) but it dosent seem to work plus the file went from 28 megs to 280 megs, am I doing something wrong? I much prefer playing these games on the ds than the psp touch screen was built for it :D, I just converted the track1.ogg to a track1.wav im a little confused about loom is both the speach and mucis stored in this file?
PsYcO
Got 2 warnings

Post by PsYcO »

presumably, just do what you did... but in reverse?
Bobbin Threadbare

I think i used 1 of the tools in the scummvm tools and i think it only converts to ogg, ill keep messing about and post if i figure anything out but ill prob just have to wait to get my cd.
agentq
ScummVM Porter

Post by agentq »

The audio for Loom can be converted from ogg to the ADPCM WAV format that ScummVM DS uses quite easily.

I haven't got time to list exact instructions now, but the CDex tool I recommend on the ScummVM DS site for ripping the audio from the CD track is also capable of converting the audio from ogg.