Vote for ScummVM in the SourceForge Annual Community Awards

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

salty-horse

Vote for ScummVM in the SourceForge Annual Community Awards

Post by salty-horse »

Once again, SourceForge is holding a vote to see which projects are most loved by the community.

Last year, ScummVM nearly won in the gaming category, losing the first place to the evil Xbox Media Center project (which, I may add, does not allow you to play classic adventure games on your Xbox).

Everyone should quickly grab their SourceForge username (or create one if they haven't got one yet) and click on this link to vote:

http://sourceforge.net/awards/cca/nomin ... p_id=37116

After you're done clicking, choose the "Best Project for Gamers" category.

Happy voting!
salty-horse

Post by salty-horse »

Note that this just places ScummVM in the final poll for the gaming category. It is not the final vote, which will come later.
fydo

Post by fydo »

Yay! *votes*

At first I thought it was kind of silly that XBMC would win in the gaming category in 2006, but the full name of the category is gaming/entertainment. :P
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

Please note: while this is not the *final* voting round, it is nevertheless important that many people vote, to make sure we get into the finals at all!

Also, let me encourage you to also suggest ScummVM in the "Best project" category!
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

fingolfin wrote:Also, let me encourage you to also suggest ScummVM in the "Best project" category!
Well, I am sure we will not beat Azureus in that :). This year they made it a radiobutton where you have only one category to choose from either that is 'best project' or 'best gaming project'. ...Or am I musunderstanding it?

Eugene
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

You can go to the voting page and vote again on another category. The option you've voted already will be greyed out
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

But does that mean that your first choice is void?

Eugene
spookypeanut
ScummVM Developer

Post by spookypeanut »

I voted for both, and now both are greyed out, so I'm assuming not... hope not :shock:
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

You can, if you like, propose every project in every category. To quote the voting page:
Projects are eligible for nomination in any of the categories listed below. The most nominated projects in each category will become the finalists during our voting period. To keep things fair, you can only nominate a project for each category once.
So, there is absolutely no harm in nominating ScummVM in both the "Best game" and the "Best project" category.
saulob

Post by saulob »

Done, in both category. :)
clem

Post by clem »

what about "best user support"? hehehe