How to open the menu in Bass on N73?

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Symbian (mobile phones, etc) ports

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Slickr

How to open the menu in Bass on N73?

Post by Slickr »

While playing Beneath a Steel Sky, how can I open the main menu? Being able to save would be nice...
By the way I've already tried the '*' key but that does not work.
Slickr

Post by Slickr »

Please... I would really like to play this game
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Get cursor in the top of the screen and click. Try it on your pc/mac whatever to see what the actions are. Left soft key = left click, right soft key = right click
Slickr

Post by Slickr »

When I do that I see my inventory and clicking next to the items does not do a thing. So well I really just don't know what to do.
jvprat
ScummVM Developer

Post by jvprat »

Try moving your pointer after clicking on an item. Does the cursor change then?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

jvprat wrote:Try moving your pointer after clicking on an item. Does the cursor change then?
I thought he was trying to access the save/restore/options/etc dialog, not manipulate his inventory. On the desktop version, that's the F5 key, of course, but I have no idea about the SymbianOS port.
Slickr

Post by Slickr »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
jvprat wrote:Try moving your pointer after clicking on an item. Does the cursor change then?
I thought he was trying to access the save/restore/options/etc dialog, not manipulate his inventory. On the desktop version, that's the F5 key, of course, but I have no idea about the SymbianOS port.
Yes that's right. I can use my inventory, I just can not reach the save dialog.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

'*' would do the trick
Last edited by Anotherguest on Mon Jun 25, 2007 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slickr

Post by Slickr »

Anotherguest wrote:'*' or '#' would do the trick
'*' does nothing while '#' brings up the game console. Maybe I should press '*' in combination wit another key?

I also tried mapping the save function to another key, for instance '7' but that does not work either
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

You save from the game console.
Slickr

Post by Slickr »

Ok, so I bring up the game console, press '*' in the game console I presume and then? What is enter?
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Well the game console on BASS consists of several icons, one which portrais a diskette with an outgoing arrow on it. Click that and you save.
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

'*' Should be used for F5 since this is the default mapping for the this key, unless you have remapped your keys, in that case I can't really help you.
Slickr

Post by Slickr »

I undid the remapping and what you describe is the main menu, which I can open on my pc and thus save. On the N73 however I can not reach this main menu. By the game console, that comes up when pressing '#', I mean the window where you can type command lines (it says 'console is ready, debugger started), not the main menu. Do I have to press '*' in this console or something? I realize this might be getting annoying for you, but I'm not that good with this kind of stuff...
Anotherguest
ScummVM Porter

Post by Anotherguest »

Don't use '#'. The '*' mapped default to F5 (or any other appropriate save game/main menu option).

The console has been disabeld before, but now it is n't that anymore.