Floyd/Feeble Files Savegame-Problems

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Xqwtzs

Floyd/Feeble Files Savegame-Problems

Post by Xqwtzs »

First, sorry for my bad english.
I've finished a few days ago the installation of the Feeble Files. The game runs without problems and the cutscenes are working well, too. But there's one problem. I was able to save and to load my savegames before, but since a few days it doesn't work any more. ScummVM 10.0 makes the savegames and i can see it on my harddisk, but if I wanna load them, they don't work and I can't see them in the Loading-Screen in the game himself and the it starts suddenly with the beginning-sequence. I don't understand that, because it worked well before. Where could be the problem? I tried to install a few other versions of ScummVM but the problem was still there. Only for information, i've got the 4CD/german Version.

I would really thank you, if you would knew where my problem is.
SimSaw

Post by SimSaw »

I have had the same problem. It is a quite strange one: If you have a number of savegames between 16-26, you won't see any savegames on loading screen. As far as I know, this was also so on the saving screen then, but since you mentioned otherwise I'm not sure.

Some thing you might try to work around this problem would be to copy so many files in the directory that you have got 26 savegames indicated. So on Windows, you will need quite uncomfortably to copy some number of files to another directory and rename then and then cut & paste them back (for example name them from feeble.001, feeble.002... to feeble.017, feeble.018... and so on).

Since I haven't managed to get contact to Kirben, I ansume that he is busy, so don't expect this of bug to be fixed soon.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

SimSaw wrote: Since I haven't managed to get contact to Kirben, I ansume that he is busy, so don't expect this of bug to be fixed soon.
That's why we have a bug tracker. The chances of bugs being fixed improve immensely when the developers are made aware of them. Not all bugs require deep knowledge of the engine to fix.

I've made a small change to the AGOS engine which might fix the problem.