Broken Sword 2 keeps on [re]playing credits

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

vear

Broken Sword 2 keeps on [re]playing credits

Post by vear »

Hi,
I've just tried to play BS2 using ScummVM, same as I played it hundreds of times before. However, a weird issue made playing impossible: credits. After just a minute or two (sometimes more, sometimes less), the game is frequently interrupted by credits. Yep, those credits that are usually played at the end of the game.
I've tried virtually everything - including setting up a new scummvm.ini as well as wiping out everything ScummVM-related and making a clear install. Didn't help though. There's just one thing that looks suspicious - my savegame. I'm worried it might be the cause of the problem. I just don't like the idea of having to redo half of the game (in fact, I've completed BS2 more than 15 times, anyway, don't want to have to repeat that half right now).
My PC is powered by Windows XP Home thus I'm using Win32 build of ScummVM (tried both 0.10 and current SVN build). I've tried both datafiles from SoldOut release (the one which included original installer rather than outdated ScummVM) as well as from original 1997 polish release (which is in polish, however this is no longer a problem for ScummVM).

I'd appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken Sword 2 keeps on [re]playing credits

Post by eriktorbjorn »

vear wrote:I've just tried to play BS2 using ScummVM, same as I played it hundreds of times before. However, a weird issue made playing impossible: credits. After just a minute or two (sometimes more, sometimes less), the game is frequently interrupted by credits. Yep, those credits that are usually played at the end of the game.
That's odd. The only things that should trigger the credits is either finishing the game, or pressing the "C" key.