Undocumented/Unreleased content

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Robot_Maker20

Undocumented/Unreleased content

Post by Robot_Maker20 »

I was just wondering - having delved deep into the code and data files for a great many classic games, has anyone working on ScummVM discovered any obscure/unreachable easter eggs, content that was included but never used, etc? Such things are rare, of course, but not unknown, and I thought I'd ask on the offchance.

I can only think of a single example right now, but it's not a scummvm one - in Discworld Noir, you get a sarcastic comment from the main character about hacking the game if you try to solve a particular puzzle using an item that shouldn't be in your inventory at the time. Except, I got the budget release and it apparently contains a bug that makes it possible to get to this point without any cheating at all - d'oh!
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

I know there are some hidden images in each game. Full Throttle has some unused images such as a dummy image in place of the opening video. CMI also has a hidden spot in room 1 with a picture with a teddy bear, palm trees and a "logo disclaimer". There are other unused things, such as an "old" Brink sprite in The Dig when he enters the ship at the end (the game uses one of younger Brink). Loom CD also has various unused up-close speech testing screens. There are others I can't remember, I'm sure. Check this out too.
clem

Post by clem »

Legend of Kyrandia contains some additional unused sprites.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

I discovered several hidden scenes in the various SCUMM games from Humongous Entertainment, check out the INI settings for the specific triggers.
clone2727
Retired

Post by clone2727 »

Kirben wrote:I discovered several hidden scenes in the various SCUMM games from Humongous Entertainment, check out the INI settings for the specific triggers.
Heh. I was talking to my friend about those today (who was watching me play MI2, then puttzoo). He couldn't imagine the 10 candy floss thing ;)