Simon the sorceror savestate requests?/

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

crazyjudge

Simon the sorceror savestate requests?/

Post by crazyjudge »

Hiya I'm really annoyed because I cant get into SS1 & SS2 coz of copy protection issues so I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to upload a savestate for each game just after you clear the protection screen so i can play them?? Thanks. :lol:
clem

Re: Simon the sorceror savestate requests?/

Post by clem »

crazyjudge wrote:Hiya I'm really annoyed because I cant get into SS1 & SS2 coz of copy protection issues so I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to upload a savestate for each game just after you clear the protection screen so i can play them?? Thanks. :lol:
Or you could consult your original documentation (you DO have that, do you?) and enter the correct codes yourself?
Longcat

Post by Longcat »

lol. erh, can you even bypass copyprotection with a savegame? anyway, I never remember ANY copy protection in Simon the Sorcerer. are there a lot of different versions?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

Jonatan wrote:lol. erh, can you even bypass copyprotection with a savegame? anyway, I never remember ANY copy protection in Simon the Sorcerer. are there a lot of different versions?
Normally, the floppy disk versions of Simon the Sorcerer had copy protection, but that *should* be bypassed by ScummVM, since it was bypassed in all CD versions of the game, at least according to our wiki:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_ ... protection

If any copy protection appears, you can bypass it by entering anything you want
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

md5 wrote: Normally, the floppy disk versions of Simon the Sorcerer had copy protection, but that *should* be bypassed by ScummVM, since it was bypassed in all CD versions of the game, at least according to our wiki:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/User_ ... protection
Depends on which version of ScummVM you're running, though. From what I can see, the bypassing was added about a year ago, so it's probably in 0.10, but not in 0.9.
crazyjudge

Post by crazyjudge »

sorry I posted it before trying the games, the last time I tried playing them was a while back and I had problems, so I assumed they were still there. I've tried with version 0.11 and both games are working funky! :D ta!