I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream - Mac Version Support

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Darth Malt

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream - Mac Version Support

Post by Darth Malt »

I've purchased a copy of the Mac Version of IHNMAIMS off Harlan Ellison's site. However, the files do not appear to match the list of required PC files (mainly the sound files). Is the Mac version supported (or planned to be supported), or is there a tool that will parse/strip/join the Mac files into the supported format?

ScummVM is one of the coolest pieces of software I've seen!
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

The main reason that the Mac version is not supported yet is that none of the ScummVM members have it, as far as I know. Can you make a list of the data files of the Mac version and their sizes?
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

We just need someone in the US to help us with the purchase. I.e. that someone would buy 2 copies from Harlan Ellison store, resend to 2 ScummVM developers, and will get completely refunded via PayPal. The two developers in question are md5 and sev.

Eugene
Darth Malt

Post by Darth Malt »

md5 wrote:Can you make a list of the data files of the Mac version and their sizes?
The music, SFX and voices are all separate files on the Mac CD (although as I don't have access to an OS9 machine at this time, I guess there's a small chance that the installer might join them into a smaller number of files) - and the total number of files appears to be 2986. If you send me a private message or a mail with your e-mail address, I can send you the file listing rather than posting it here.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

The Mac version of IHNM should be working now with the latest SVN version of ScummVM

You need the required data files, found here:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/Dataf ... ust_Scream

However, the music format of this version seems to be TFMX, which is currently not supported, so the music is not played yet.

By the way, I think that the music files are in TFMX format, as they have an "mdat" string in their header, which is found in TFMX music files - I could be wrong about this, though. There is a GSoC task for adding a TFMX player to ScummVM in the open tasks wiki page:
http://wiki.scummvm.org/index.php/OpenT ... OD_formats