Simon the Sorcerer 1 crash

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

oscard

Simon the Sorcerer 1 crash

Post by oscard »

HI!
scummVM is awesome!
I got little problem: Me and some my friends, also ppl on our forum want to play Simon the Sorcerer 1 in our language (CZECH):).
We got game translated and working in DOS. But we cant get ig running uder scummVM :cry: (PPC version).
Game is partially translated only if i keep original file "GAMEPC". With translated version game cannot be detected and if i rewrite it after detection it crash:(
Is there any hope for us to get it working? Can you help us please?
Last edited by oscard on Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sev
ScummVM Lead

Post by sev »

Please, do not post links to illegal copies of the games. Proper way of distributing fan translation is patches against original English versions. Only that kind of links is allowed here.

Eugene
oscard

Post by oscard »

IM IDIOT AND SO SORRY for that!

Here is the link to PATCH file:

Code: Select all

http://rapidshare.com/files/108444083/SimonCZ.rar.html
Please can u help us?
merlo

Post by merlo »

Hi, i need help with this problem too. Czech version of Simon the Sorcerer II (Talkie) runs good (sometimes it have skipping dialogues issue, but it is not such big deal), however i cant get to work Simon I. I dont know if Czech patch is dedicated to floppy version only, annyway i guess the problem is with GAMEPC file. Is there way to edit this file, then it works in ScummVM? Or add speech to the floppy version? Thanks a lot for any advice!

Here are both translation patches:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ywgndbjqoei
BTW: I own both games legally, of course (from LEVEL magazine):

http://tinyurl.com/yanwhd6
http://tinyurl.com/yc8umr2
SimSaw

Post by SimSaw »

The bad thing is that Kirben made some modifications to the AGOS engine inside ScummVM so that it only works with games listed in the md5 checksum tree.

To solve your problem, you might either enter the md5 data yourself everytime, you make a change to the translation or you use an earlier version like ScummVM 0.8.0.
You can even report the unknwon versions' md5 checksums of the files to the ScummVM bugtracker (See thread in this part of the forums: Reporting MD5s for unknown versions of games)

Nice that there's also a patch for Czech Simon 2. Until now I only knew of a translation patch for Simon 1.
Kirben

Post by Kirben »

merlo wrote:Hi, i need help with this problem too. Czech version of Simon the Sorcerer II (Talkie) runs good (sometimes it have skipping dialogues issue, but it is not such big deal),
Skipped speech only occurs in Simon the Sorcerer 2, when both speech and subtitles are enabled, due to engine limitations.
merlo wrote:however i cant get to work Simon I. I dont know if Czech patch is dedicated to floppy version only, annyway i guess the problem is with GAMEPC file. Is there way to edit this file, then it works in ScummVM? Or add speech to the floppy version? Thanks a lot for any advice!
The Czech patch for Simon the Sorcerer 1, is for the floppy version only, and should be detected by ScummVM already.
SimSaw

Post by SimSaw »

No, Kirben, this is another Czech translation of Simon 1 seemingly made by someone else. This is another variant to add to the detection file.
merlo

Post by merlo »

Hello, i am reviving this thread since i have decided finally beat Simon 1 (after those years :D). However i found that my Czech patch (as above) cannot be detected by ScummVM.

Kirben wrote something about functional one, where i can find it?

By the way, is really not possible to get subtitles in CD version (or add speech to floppy version)?

Thanks in advance. 8)
_DaNi_

Post by _DaNi_ »

i have some differents version and here work well, floppy version and cd version from DOS. The AMIGA version don´t work is supported the AMIGA version?
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

_DaNi_ wrote:i have some differents version and here work well, floppy version and cd version from DOS. The AMIGA version don´t work is supported the AMIGA version?
Read and you will be enlightend!