Question regarding importing various versions

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

zeropolis79

Question regarding importing various versions

Post by zeropolis79 »

I sucessfully installed ScummVM on my Pocket PC (see my post in the Pocket PC port) with Zak McKracken and Indy and the Last Crusade.

However, I want to put on Monkey Island 1 + 2 along with the Fate of Atlantis on it but my versions are the CD-ROM versions.

Can these be put onto a SD card (I have a 2gig card I can put aside for them) or if they can't, can I use Amiga ADF files - however, I only have pirate versions of the games as ADF files?

I'm not trying to endorse piracy with these questions - the ADF files come from my own copies which I got with my machine.

Thanks in advance for any advice.[/i]
Arantor

Post by Arantor »

Unfortunately, Forum Rule #0 applies to the Amiga versions.
raina

Post by raina »

I can't see a reason why your CD-ROM games wouldn't work off an SD. Monkey 2 is the same on floppy and CD I think and Monkey 1 CD audio can be ripped and included on the card. Indy 4 is nothing special either, just copy the required files on the card and it should work. Additionally, you can compress Monkey 1 and Indy 4 audio so a dedicated 2GB card is hardly a requirement for playing these games on the go.
siggie

Post by siggie »

zeropolis79

Post by zeropolis79 »

Thanks..

Not long after I wrote it, I foudn out how to get the CD-ROM versions working from an SD disc..

Now all I need to do is find my original Zak McKracken data files (I had an original Kixx version on 3.5" disc which I copied to my hard drive years ago which proved wise because I have a laptop without a disc drive). I'm sure I've got a backup on one of my CD-Rs. Then I've got to find a new manual because five weeks ago, one of our cats decided to have a **** in my workshop and all over some of my manuals.

Arantor - apologies. I knew that asking for copies weren't allowed, but I had no idea asking for help involving stuff I already had wasn't allowed, even though it was a pirate version.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

But we don't (and are not able to) know if you have a certain game version or not. Anyway, glad you got it sorted :)
zeropolis79

Post by zeropolis79 »

For the record, Monkey Island 1 + 2 came on a White Label single CD-ROM which I brought around 10 years ago while Last Crusade and Fate of Atlantis came on a double CD-ROM, also White Label which I got 11 years ago.

Thanks for the kind words MD5. Now I can have some fun in teh garden without dragging the laptop about and also to keep me occupied on the plane on the flights to our home in Venice.