getting an error using compress_scumm_bun on OSX?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

khyron

getting an error using compress_scumm_bun on OSX?

Post by khyron »

Has anyone else encountered this?

Code: Select all

compress_scumm_bun.cpp:1202: failed assertion `tag == 'LB83''
I'm running OSX 10.5.5 on an Intel machine, and I just downloaded the tools fresh from the scummVM web site. I'm trying to compress some files in The Dig to help it run faster and take up less space on my Wii.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: getting an error using compress_scumm_bun on OSX?

Post by eriktorbjorn »

khyron wrote:Has anyone else encountered this?

Code: Select all

compress_scumm_bun.cpp:1202: failed assertion `tag == 'LB83''
That kind of error could mean the file you're trying to compress has somehow become corrupted. Obviously, I have no idea if that's what's happened in this case, but it's surprising how often "Have you tried copying the files from your CD again?" turns out to be the solution.

Of course, if it happens on all files you try to compress, and not just one, that theory becomes unlikely.
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

It is already compressed, recompress them to get the correct iMuse version from original files
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

mac_es wrote:It is already compressed, recompress them to get the correct iMuse version from original files
I'm probably misunderstanding you, but do you mean you're running the newer compression program on a file that has already been compressed with the older program? That's not going to work.
mac_es

Post by mac_es »

I'm probably misunderstanding you, but do you mean you're running the newer compression program on a file that has already been compressed with the older program? That's not going to work.
Yes you are misunderstanding me.

I'm not the post starter, I was telling khyron that he is trying to recompress an already compressed file.

Whith the recent changes to iMuse there is a warning if you are using an old compressed bun file and ScummVM advised you to recompress them whith the new version. I know because I have had to recompress them (though now the trunk is not working properly).