Extra Path?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

ezekiel000

Extra Path?

Post by ezekiel000 »

What is the extra path used for? And which games/engines use it?
id1402

RTFM

Post by id1402 »

ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

Ah sorry about that, but to clarify does this mean you could put the audio tracks from Monkey Island 1 in the extra path folder or do the music files have to be in the root of the resources dir?
clem

Post by clem »

ezekiel000 wrote:Ah sorry about that, but to clarify does this mean you could put the audio tracks from Monkey Island 1 in the extra path folder or do the music files have to be in the root of the resources dir?
They can be in the extra path. I think you could even have multi-CD games in two folders, add one as the main path and one as the extra path and it should work.
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

That's good I always thought that it was a bit messy to have all the audio tracks in the data folder.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

You can put the game's audio tracks in the folder where the rest of the game's files are placed
clem

Post by clem »

While speaking of extra paths, is there any reason why there's just one extra path?
fingolfin
Retired

Post by fingolfin »

There is one global extra path, and for each target, there is one further extra path. Adding in the savepath, the themepath. I really hope we don't need more... so far I haven't encountered a situation where I might have wanted more, anyway :)
iwantmi5

Post by iwantmi5 »

clem wrote:
ezekiel000 wrote:Ah sorry about that, but to clarify does this mean you could put the audio tracks from Monkey Island 1 in the extra path folder or do the music files have to be in the root of the resources dir?
They can be in the extra path. I think you could even have multi-CD games in two folders, add one as the main path and one as the extra path and it should work.
Yes, you need to copy the entire disc 1 and 2 from CMI and place them in the folder whereu want to store your game (eg:mine was: C/Program Files/Lucasarts/Curse.)

There should be 2 folders in your "Curse" folder, MONKEY3_1 and MONKEY3_2. use scummvm to add disc 1 as the main game, and in extra path put disc 2.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

iwantmi5 wrote:Yes, you need to copy the entire disc 1 and 2 from CMI and place them in the folder whereu want to store your game (eg:mine was: C/Program Files/Lucasarts/Curse.)

There should be 2 folders in your "Curse" folder, MONKEY3_1 and MONKEY3_2. use scummvm to add disc 1 as the main game, and in extra path put disc 2.
Actaully that's not what extra path is used for. You should just copy the files from both CDs in one folder instead two different. No need to use extrapath for COMI at all usually.