SCUMM Scripting Help

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

cocomonk22

SCUMM Scripting Help

Post by cocomonk22 »

Hi,

I'm trying to write a script for determining differences between actors that use the same costume. There are 4 possible text colors for this actor. I would need to know how to get the TalkColor for a certain actor. The actor's ActorOps were of the format (Var[270],[Init(),Costume(87),TalkColor(12),TalkAnimNr(29,28)])

I'm not sure how actor information is stored and how to just get the talk color.
Any tips?

EDIT: Never mind, I'll just use a random number generator to separate different actors.
Last edited by cocomonk22 on Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

I was going to start a thread for some scumm scripting info for you but I guess I can just add my question here.

Is it possible with scummvm or another tool for find out the max limit for a variable?

As this might help with adding speech to lines that have a variable in them so instead of putting lots of samples together to make a line that sounds robotic for lines that have a fairly low range (number of fights you have been in) or predictable range (amount of gold) they can instead be diverted in the script to lines for each possible out come.