Thanks for this great application

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

babardu77

Thanks for this great application

Post by babardu77 »

hey I just want to drop by and thank the developpers for their hard work, its great to have a plug and play system for the old games, I do not miss the msdos configuration problems, and being able to play these fantastic games on the big screen of my TV is amazing.

With scummvm and my ps2, its much more relaxing to play from a sofa when you are two.

I always have a look at the front page for new supported games, it was time to register and say hello, the project is really great in the way its open source and in its longevity and success, I am pretty sure its going to expand trendemously in the next 5 years.

:twisted:
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

I would like to thank everyone who worked or is working on ScummVM aswell. I just registered here to say that.
Its important to keep the heritage alive!

Now if only ScummVM offered a 4x zoom it would be perfect!
Fullscreen may not work for various reasons and the 3x zoom doesn't cut it if you go beyond 1680x1050 native resolution.
id1402

Post by id1402 »

Yes, great application and great support in this forum!
babardu77 wrote:I am pretty sure its going to expand trendemously in the next 5 years.
Where to expand? The best games already are included perfectly.
More important is to stay up to date with new hardware in order to bequeath ScummVM to the next generation born after the release date of The Feeble Files. ScummVM is the only way to join the whole adventure world and to enjoy the legendary titles of the adventure genre.
Wolfmage

Post by Wolfmage »

id1402 wrote: Where to expand? The best games already are included perfectly.
Don't get me wrong, ScummVM is great as is it right now, but I don't think you can say ScummVM is close to being complete until we can play such essential classics as Space Quest 3, the Quest for Glory games, and other SCI engine games - like the Police Quest sequels. Eventually it would be a triumph to also support Dynamics' foray into the adventures games market, with the engine for Rise of the Dragon, Heart of China, and Willy Beamish.
Raziel
ScummVM Porter

Post by Raziel »

Wolfmage wrote:
id1402 wrote: Where to expand? The best games already are included perfectly.
Don't get me wrong, ScummVM is great as is it right now, but I don't think you can say ScummVM is close to being complete until we can play such essential classics as Space Quest 3, the Quest for Glory games, and other SCI engine games - like the Police Quest sequels. Eventually it would be a triumph to also support Dynamics' foray into the adventures games market, with the engine for Rise of the Dragon, Heart of China, and Willy Beamish.
Amen to that