How do i unpack Drascula??

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

banan

How do i unpack Drascula??

Post by banan »

hi im trying to install Drascula but i cant unpack the packet.001 file i have tried to rename it to .zip and .rar but nothing works. i currently have 46 games installed in scummvm but i have never come across a file like this before so i dont know what to do? by the way im using linux.
hope someone can take the time to help me even if it is a really simple problem thanks.
clone2727
Retired

Re: How do i unpack Drascula??

Post by clone2727 »

banan wrote:hi im trying to install Drascula but i cant unpack the packet.001 file i have tried to rename it to .zip and .rar but nothing works. i currently have 46 games installed in scummvm but i have never come across a file like this before so i dont know what to do? by the way im using linux.
hope someone can take the time to help me even if it is a really simple problem thanks.
Can't you just use the packet.001 file directly by ScummVM?
billwashere

Post by billwashere »

You shouldn't need to extract it, but it uses arj format and extractor is available at http://arj.sourceforge.net. For windows peoples it can be extracted using IZArc
banan

Re: How do i unpack Drascula??

Post by banan »

I think i have the answers to my problem. I read the Drascula readme.txt and it says i need scummvm 0.12.0 and i have version 0.11.1 maybe thats why scumm cant see the packet.001 file. anyways i did what billwashere said and installed a program that could extract the packet.001 files. I then extracted the files to a folder called Drascula and included the Drascula.dat file. But when i start scumm and choose the add game option and navigate to my Drascula folder i just get the answer that scumm cant find any games in that folder. And i think that`s why i need to install scummvm 0.12.0

And it is here my other problems begin. I have downloaded the source code for 0.12.0 i cd to the folder with the source code and type ./configure and it gives me this

banan@banan-desktop:~$ cd /home/banan/scummvm-0.12.0
banan@banan-desktop:~/scummvm-0.12.0$ sudo ./configure
Running ScummVM configure...
Looking for C++ compiler... g++
Checking for compiler version... 4.2.4, ok
Checking endianness... little
Type with 1 byte... char
Type with 2 bytes... short
Type with 4 bytes... int
Running on x86... yes
Checking hosttype... linux-gnu
Alignment required... no
Checking whether building plugins was requested... no
Checking for Ogg Vorbis... yes
Checking for Tremor... no (Ogg Vorbis/Tremor support is mutually exclusive)
Checking for FLAC >= 1.0.1... yes
Checking for MAD... yes
Checking for ALSA >= 0.9... yes
Checking for zlib... yes
Checking for libmpeg2 >= 0.3.2... yes
Checking for libfluidsynth... yes
Checking for nasm... /usr/bin/nasm

Engines (builtin):
SCUMM [all games]
AGI
AGOS
Cinematique evo 1
Drascula: The Vampire Strikes Back
Gobli*ns
Legend of Kyrandia
Lure of the Temptress
Parallaction
Flight of the Amazon Queen
SAGA
Beneath a Steel Sky
Broken Sword 1 (w/ mpeg2 cutscenes)
Broken Sword 2 (w/ mpeg2 cutscenes)
Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer

Engines Skipped:
Cinematique evo 2
Igor: Objective Uikokahonia
M4/MADS
MADE

Backend... sdl, assembly routines, HQ scalers, MT-32 emu
Looking for sdl-config... /usr/local/bin/sdl-config

Creating config.h
Creating config.mk
banan@banan-desktop:~/scummvm-0.12.0$

i then type make and i get this

banan@banan-desktop:~/scummvm-0.12.0$ sudo make
mkdir -p backends/platform/sdl/.deps
g++ -Wp,-MMD,"backends/platform/sdl/.deps/events.d",-MQ,"backends/platform/sdl/events.o",-MP -Wall -g -ansi -W -Wno-unused-parameter -Wconversion -Wno-long-long -Wno-multichar -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Wno-reorder -pedantic -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-qual -Wcast-align -Wshadow -Wimplicit -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wwrite-strings -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions -fcheck-new -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DUNIX -DDATA_PATH=\"/usr/local/share/scummvm\" -DPLUGIN_DIRECTORY=\"/usr/local/lib/scummvm\" -DSDL_BACKEND -DENABLE_SCUMM=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_SCUMM_7_8 -DENABLE_HE -DENABLE_AGI=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_AGOS=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_CINE=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_DRASCULA=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_GOB=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_KYRA=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_LURE=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_PARALLACTION=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_QUEEN=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_SAGA=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_SKY=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_SWORD1=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_SWORD2=STATIC_PLUGIN -DENABLE_TOUCHE=STATIC_PLUGIN -I. -I. -I./engines -I/usr/local/include/SDL -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -c backends/platform/sdl/events.cpp -o backends/platform/sdl/events.o
backends/platform/sdl/events.cpp: In member function ‘virtual bool OSystem_SDL::pollEvent(Common::Event&)’:
backends/platform/sdl/events.cpp:268: error: invalid conversion from ‘Uint16’ to ‘SDLMod’
backends/platform/sdl/events.cpp:281: error: invalid conversion from ‘Uint16’ to ‘SDLMod’
backends/platform/sdl/events.cpp:348: error: invalid conversion from ‘Uint16’ to ‘SDLMod’
backends/platform/sdl/events.cpp:352: error: ‘SDLK_PERIOD’ was not declared in this scope
backends/platform/sdl/events.cpp:356: error: invalid conversion from ‘Uint16’ to ‘SDLMod’
backends/platform/sdl/events.cpp:360: error: invalid conversion from ‘Uint16’ to ‘SDLMod’
backends/platform/sdl/events.cpp:378: error: invalid conversion from ‘Uint16’ to ‘SDLMod’
backends/platform/sdl/events.cpp:382: error: ‘SDLK_PERIOD’ was not declared in this scope
backends/platform/sdl/events.cpp:386: error: invalid conversion from ‘Uint16’ to ‘SDLMod’
backends/platform/sdl/events.cpp:390: error: invalid conversion from ‘Uint16’ to ‘SDLMod’
make: *** [backends/platform/sdl/events.o] Error 1
banan@banan-desktop:~/scummvm-0.12.0$

I dont know how to fix this error can anybody please help me with this so that i can finally get Drascula to work.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

Remove the whole ScummVM directory and start over because root has been writing there now. Do that with 'sudo rm -r /home/banan/scummvm-0.12.0'
Unpack the source again and do the following;

Instead of 'sudo ./configure' go just './configure'.
Instead of 'sudo make' do a 'make'.
When that is finished, install it with 'sudo make install'.
You don't need to be root to compile stuff, just to install it.

If this doesn't solve your prob check the bottom of the download page for the Subversion Builds.
They may have the precompiled package you are looking for. (I assume here you are compiling because you can't find the Ubuntu/Debian 64bit package.)
banan

Post by banan »

bobdevis wrote:You shouldn't go 'sudo make' but just 'make'.
When that is finished, install it with 'sudo make install'.
You don't need to be root to compile stuff, just to install it.

You might need to remove the whole ~/scummvm directory and start over because root has been writing there now.

If this doesn't solve your prob check the bottom of the download page for the Subversion Builds.
They may have the precompiled package you are looking for. (I assume here you are compiling because you can't find the Ubuntu/Debian 64bit package.)
Well i have a 32bitsystem and i have tried the Debian 4.0 (etch) package but it gives me a libasound dependency not satisfactional or something like that error. i have checked in synaptic and i have that package installed on my system.

however i tried the latest daily build 0.14.0 and it works fine on all my games but it still gives me an error on drascula but maybe this error is easier to fix than wiping out the whole scumm directory.

the error i get is this: file Drascula.dat is wrong version. Expected 4 but got 2. get it from the scummvm website.

this is weird cause i just downloaded the Drascula.dat from the website today.can i solve this somehow or should i try your first advice and remove the whole scummvm directory and start over again with the source code?
md5
ScummVM Developer

Post by md5 »

The latest drascula.dat file can be found at this link:
https://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/svn ... ascula.dat
banan

Post by banan »

md5 wrote:The latest drascula.dat file can be found at this link:
https://scummvm.svn.sourceforge.net/svn ... ascula.dat
THANK YOU! my problem is solved Drascula now works fine and im using the latest unstripped daily build (20090228)