Saving and loading on mac osx port of scumm VM

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Jdr388

Saving and loading on mac osx port of scumm VM

Post by Jdr388 »

Hello,

My friends and I recently began playing through Beneath a Steel Sky using ScummVM on my Macbook (v 0.12.0) with the display hooked up to the TV. We were all having a good time of it laughing at the clever writing and funny dialogue until it came time for us to call it a night and we discovered that the means for saving the game were not obvious.

I have read online that in order to save and load you have to set a save path (which I have done) and then use the alt 1-9 keys to save and ctrl 1-9 to load or alternatively f5 to go to a save load screen. I have tried all of these and using alt 1-9 creates no save file (nor does function, ctrl, or apple 1-9). Additionally the f5 key for bringing up the save/load menu is also the key that mac osx uses to raise the volume up and down.

I would try unbinding the volume function from key (which solved a similar problem when it occurred with the f9 key in another game I play called dwarf fortress). However not only would this become extremely inconvenient, but osx itself will not seem to let me change this binding at all.

my questions are thus.

Is it possible that my the information if found about the key-binds for saving and loading are different for the mac version?

If not, is there any way for me to change the bindings in scummVM (I don't see an obvious way)?

I really appreciate any help that can shed some light on this as my friends and I really had a great time figuring out the puzzles together and we would really like to continue our quest.

Thanks in advance,

- J.
Last edited by Jdr388 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobdevis

Post by bobdevis »

There was something floating around this forum earlier about using ctrl-f5 instead of f5 for macs. That may be the command you are looking for.

I don't have a mac, nor do I have Beneath a Steel Sky, so I may be talking total nonsense here :)
Jdr388

Post by Jdr388 »

I took your suggestion and tried it but it did not work, there was no save/ load menu that came up. It just altered the volume as always.

Thank you anyway though.

- J.
pncFreak

Post by pncFreak »

fn + F5
Jdr388

Post by Jdr388 »

Thanks a bunch, that did the trick.

- J.