Secret of Monkey Island Atari ST version & protection

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Kisdra

Secret of Monkey Island Atari ST version & protection

Post by Kisdra »

Hi all !

I've tried the Atari ST version of Secret of Monkey Island on ScummVM, but I was very surprised when at the start the protection was fully enabled, whereas for the PC & Mac versions, I've no problem with that, I don't even see the protection screen.

I know that ScummVM is supposed to bypass games protections, it does very well for my versions of MI2 where the protection screen shows up, but I find it strange that this isn't working for the Atari ST version.

Version of ScummVM : 0.13
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Secret of Monkey Island Atari ST version & protectio

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Kisdra wrote: I know that ScummVM is supposed to bypass games protections,
Only in some cases, actually. I don't know about the Atari ST version, but I'm guessing that there have been no confirmed case where it was sold without the necessary copy protection information.
Kisdra

Post by Kisdra »

The thing is that I have the disks, but I never had the documentation with it. I've found pictures of the wheel needed to pass the protection test, but that's a bit annoying to use. ^^

I guess ScummVM is more likely to bypass the protection for PC and Mac versions, I just tried Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade in Amiga version, and same thing, I have to find my old manual of the PC version because the protection is still here.

Well, I suppose it add a bit charm of the old days ! :)