Closing a game without quitting ScummVM?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

weemies

Closing a game without quitting ScummVM?

Post by weemies »

Hi, I just registered but I've been using ScummVM a long time. Great program.

I just wanted to know if there's a way to close a game that's running without having to close the whole ScummVM app? I haven't found a way to do that. It's not like it's a huge deal but it would be nice.
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

Ctrl + F5 opens the menu that has an option "Return to Launcher"
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

Maybe a dumb question, but why are there two different menus? There is one pressing F5 and one pressing Ctrl+F5. The F5 one has a button "About" the other one doesn't have, the Ctrl+F5 one has the "Return to Launcher" button the other one doesn't have. :-/ Up to your comment I didn't realize the Ctrl+F5 menu, except in the Wii port, because there this is the only one accessible by the Home button. :-(
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

I guess because not all the engines support the new menu (Crtl+F5) but I'm not sure.
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

It seems to be more or less the very same, except of the "About" button that shows info about ScummVM and should be engine-independent and the "Return to Launcher" button that should be the same as the "Quit" button just that it doesn't quit ScummVM but returns to the launcher, this should also be engine-independent IMHO. :-/
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

Vampire

Post by Vampire »

Hm, ok, I see. Thanks. But still I think it is confusing to the user that these dialogues are different, or that there are two at all. Or is the F5-one a SCUMM-own one?
ezekiel000

Post by ezekiel000 »

I think it's a case of parallel implementation people wanted the return to launcher button but because it is not supported by all engines it can't be in the default menu. SO they currently have both the old and the new one menus working. Maybe there are plans to phase out the old menu once all engines support the new one.
This is purely speculation, I'm not a dev.
weemies

Post by weemies »

Cool, thanks for the answer. Worked nicely in Full Throttle (on PC) at least.
LordHoto
ScummVM Developer

Post by LordHoto »

Vampire wrote:Hm, ok, I see. Thanks. But still I think it is confusing to the user that these dialogues are different, or that there are two at all. Or is the F5-one a SCUMM-own one?
The F5 one of SCUMM games is SCUMM specific yes.
Vampire

Post by Vampire »

yep, i know this from IRC now also :-)
I created a feature request to merge these two menus.
I wanted to post a link here, but SF is only giving me white pages currently. :-(

It is up again:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.p ... tid=418823