Fun With a New Printer

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

MusicallyInspired

Fun With a New Printer

Post by MusicallyInspired »

We just got a new printer/copier/scanner. I started printing off DVD covers for my computer games. I printed a nice custom one off for Monkey Island 1 (I didn't make this one). It was crappy paper but even on crappy paper it looks nice! I'll also be able to use my own King's Quest & Space Quest collection DVD covers now! Here's some pictures of the Monkey Island one.

Front Cover
Back Cover
Front/Back/Spine Cover
Game Disc
(Just the regular game disc that I've owned for years)
Mataku

Post by Mataku »

JIZZ.IN.MY.PANTS.
:lol:
That looks great.
MusicallyInspired

A few more I printed off. Including Monkey Island 2, Indiana Jones: Fate of Atlantis, King's Quest Collection (I designed this one myself), Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza, and Timeshift.

http://www.infamous-adventures.com/musi ... covers.jpg
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Wow, that is some seriously great work (::wants:: :shock: ). Amazing what can be done at home these days.
hkzlab
ScummVM Developer

Post by hkzlab »

Very nice indeed... do you happen to have a link available for those fan-made covers?
I was thinking to edit and print one for my SegaCD Monkey Island, which alas is without the original case.
MusicallyInspired

I can't remember where I found those particular covers for Monkey Island 1 and 2 and Fate of Atlantis, but there are alternate "LucasArts Collector's Edition" type versions (which looks awesome) of all four Monkey Island games on the mixnmojo forums by Laserschwert in the "Ridiculously Large Cover Scans" thread. There's also companion covers for the two Indiana Jones games as well that fit the style. He never finished the rest of the games, though.

The King's Quest one I made myself, and the others I found on www.cdcovers.cc (which also has the special collectior's covers by Laserschwert but in lower resolution). covers.mixnmojo.com used to have some but the website isn't maintained anymore and they're all broken links now, unfortunately.

There's also really huge box art covers at http://mojoart.mixnmojo.com/ that you can take an create your own with. And then there's, of course, the LucasArts poster thread on this very forum.
hkzlab
ScummVM Developer

Post by hkzlab »

Yes, i know the "collector's edition" fan covers, they're pretty nice, but i was searching for something more in line with the original box style.

It's not an important matter of course, but if you happen to remember where you got those covers, ring a bell :-)
MusicallyInspired

I actually completely forgot they even existed until just a few days ago when I was searching on some old backup data CDs for the covers that are now missing from the covers.mixnmojo.com website. I really have no idea where I found them. Will have to look again. The back of it says "SOMI Cover Revisited" ©2007 by Clem.

EDIT: Found them! A quick Google search pointed me to the same website that hosts Laserschwert's high quality posters! They're all there in German and English. Scroll down a bit. http://www.adventure-treff.de/specials/dl_goodies.php

The only thing is that some of the screenshots are in German. But that's a minor issue.
hkzlab
ScummVM Developer

Post by hkzlab »

Thanks a lot!