Broken Sword 1 - No Cutscenes/Music/Speech

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Maganda

Broken Sword 1 - No Cutscenes/Music/Speech

Post by Maganda »

Hey guys,

I'm trying to get BS1 working but I have issues as stated in the title.

Any ideas on how I can solve this?
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Broken Sword 1 - No Cutscenes/Music/Speech

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Maganda wrote: Any ideas on how I can solve this?
It might help if you described a bit more what you tried to do. I'm only familiar with the 2 CD release myself, though. If you have that one, and ran the original installer, it might not have copied all the necessary files. It's easier to do that manually, as described briefly on the data files page.

For the cutscenes, they originally used a video codec called Smacker. The development version of ScummVM supports this, but the stable releases don't. There are cutscenes re-encoded to use a different format on the downloads page.
Maganda

Re: Broken Sword 1 - No Cutscenes/Music/Speech

Post by Maganda »

eriktorbjorn wrote:
Maganda wrote: Any ideas on how I can solve this?
It might help if you described a bit more what you tried to do. I'm only familiar with the 2 CD release myself, though. If you have that one, and ran the original installer, it might not have copied all the necessary files. It's easier to do that manually, as described briefly on the data files page.

For the cutscenes, they originally used a video codec called Smacker. The development version of ScummVM supports this, but the stable releases don't. There are cutscenes re-encoded to use a different format on the downloads page.
Thanks for the help Erik. :)

Have not posted sooner as I had no time to play until now...

I have the DVD version that has both Broken Sword 1 and 2 on it. I have manually copied the speech files across, as suggested, and now that works fine.

However, I downloaded the video files you linked to but I can't get them to work. I put them in the "video" folder but they won't load. I tried deleting the original files, but now no videos load at all.

Please provide further asssistance.
Maganda

Post by Maganda »

Nevermind. I made a new Broken Sword config file and now it's working fine! :D

Thanks again Erik! ;)
thezenmaster

Post by thezenmaster »

Maganda wrote:Nevermind. I made a new Broken Sword config file and now it's working fine! :D
Can you post it please? I can't get it to work either.