Kyrandia 3 quick question (I've read the other posts)

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

hmfynn

Kyrandia 3 quick question (I've read the other posts)

Post by hmfynn »

Hi, I've had similar problems getting Kyrandia 3 recognized under "add game" as other users, but I still have some unanswered questions.

I AM using the most recent version of ScummVM.
I have created a folder on my hard drive entitled "Kyrandia 3" into which I've copied the "Malcolm" folder from the CD as well as Westwood.001 and the Kyra.dat file from this site.
However, other posts have linked to a wiki document that lists several other files I must copy:

# *.PAK
# *.TLK
# *0.VQA
# *.AUD
# FILEDATA.FDT

I do not see these files anywhere on the CD. This is an original CD, not a pirated copy.

Is there an obvious mistake I've made? After reading several other threads on the topic, it appears I've done the right steps. Please bear with me. I DID attempt to read other threads first. Any help would be appreciated.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: Kyrandia 3 quick question (I've read the other posts)

Post by eriktorbjorn »

hmfynn wrote: I do not see these files anywhere on the CD. This is an original CD, not a pirated copy.
I don't know if this helps, but the * is a "wildcard" that matches any number of characters. So "*.PAK" means "all files where the name ends with .PAK". (Windows may hide the extension of the filename, if it thinks it recognizes the type of file.) My CD has a folder called MALCOLM, which contains a whole bunch of such files.