Return to Zork...how do you get it to work?

Ask for help with ScummVM problems

Moderator: ScummVM Team

tidanlikida

Return to Zork...how do you get it to work?

Post by tidanlikida »

Ok. I recently saw that ScummVM supposedly supports Return to Zork, so I ripped all of the files from my Return to Zork CD. But, when I try to add the game onto ScummVM, it tells me there is no game in the directory. Below are the files I have.

DISC.ID
DRIVERS.RED
INSTALL.DAT
INSTALL.EXE
ITXT.DEU
ITXT.ENG
ITXT.FRA
ITXT.ITA
MECH2.BAT
QDOS.LOG
READ.ME
RTZ.BAT
RTZ.CFG
RTZ.VLP
RTZCD.PRJ
RTZCD.RED
RTZCDDRV.RED
ZZZZZZ.ZZZ
And alot of .PMV files it'll take too long to list them all really.

How do I get the game to run. I'm sure I have all the correct files since they're from the game CD...and yes, I have tried adding the game from the CD as well as from the rip off of the CD and onto the hard-drive. Help...please? I really wanna play it again. I miss seeing Old Boo and the whole famous quote (in my mind anyway) of "Want some rye? 'Course ya do." Haha.

I've even tried playing it on DOSBox and get
"Illegal command: DRIVERS\SBLASTER."
"Illegal command: MADECD."
"Illegal command: DRIVERS\SBLASTER."
KuroShiro

Post by KuroShiro »

Make sure you are using the latest daily snapshot (SVN version) from the bottom of the download page. I don't think the MADE engine is currently included in the main v0.13.1 release.

Other than that it seems you did everything right, though you don't need all of those files (check here). Basically only RTZCD.RED, RTZCD.PRJ, and all the .PMV files. You should also rip the CD audio tracks if you want music - check the readme for more info. For that I'd suggest using Exact Audio Copy or CDEx. Any other questions, ask and I'm sure someone will have the answers.