Broken Sword replay - so much I missed!

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

rtr86

Broken Sword replay - so much I missed!

Post by rtr86 »

Hi all,

One of my all time favorite games was Broken Sword. It's been awhile since my last play-through but this time I made sure I explored everything possible and it's added so much to the gameplay. I've talked to everyone, examined everything and shown objects to charaters. I'm amazed at the level of detail the game goes and at how much stuff I missed on original playthrough.

I've also purchased a pair of headphones recently, it's amazing how much the sound and overal immersion improves when you can hear everyhing going on.

I'm going to play over some of my other favorites classics after and plan to use the same approcah of taking everthing in rather then blasting through it all as fast as possible.

Just thought i'd share ;)
Last edited by rtr86 on Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Iago

Post by Iago »

All I can do is nod in agreement. As well as login and type this reply...

Goes to show I feel the same way, all of us here probably do, these games are great. They don't make 'em like they used to. So another prayer goes out to the dev team.

I tried Discworld and Discworld 2 recently on ScummVM. Amazing the depth these games go into, I remember a kinda lame thing in Broken Sword 3 which was the box-puzzles... These games don't rely on such silly and kinda uninteresting modes of play, seriously I rarely play anything that's not off ScummVM. But I'm old school.

Not to say that I don't appreciate all the new stuff that ScummVM has on offer. The audio enhancement project is something that blows you away on Discworld. Really takes you in to Ankh-Morpork.

I guess we all should just say it more often. How awesome these games are. But I'm gonna wrap this up before I start to ramble...

Iago.
rtr86

Post by rtr86 »

Iago wrote:
I guess we all should just say it more often. How awesome these games are. But I'm gonna wrap this up before I start to ramble...

Iago.
Thanks for reply :) It's nice to know that there are other people who feel the same way.

I can't actually remeber the last 'modern' game i've played that I enojoyed as much as the scummvm classics. Also, I think it's important to say i'm not looking through 'rose tinted glasses/nostalga' either. If the likes of broken sword, monkey island and fate of atlantis, discworld etc. were released today instead of back then, I think i can honestly say I would enjoy them equally the same.

Long live ScummVM and let's hope we will some games one day that will match the quality of the classics!