7th guest "disc" problem

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

torsktunga

7th guest "disc" problem

Post by torsktunga »

Hi scummVM people!

I just noticed that 7th Guest works with scummVM and went bananas with joy. However, i have done everything that is said in the readme file with converting the cd-track to mp3 with the right bitrate etc. I have copied the data to one location on my hardrive and the game starts up as normal. But when it gets to this screen:

... i cant click and anything! The hand shows that it has accepted that there is a "cd" in but i cant get any further for some reason. Nothing happens when i click the screen. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks alot in advance! Cant wait to play this old classic again! :)

/torsktunga
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Post by eriktorbjorn »

Are you sure you copied all the necessary data files from both CDs? (See this list, where "*" is a wildcard that matches any string.) I get that same "insert CD" screen if the file b.gjd is missing. Of course, if that file is missing, others may be as well.
Last edited by eriktorbjorn on Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
torsktunga

Post by torsktunga »

eriktorbjorn wrote:Are you sure you copied all the necessary data files from both CDs? (See this list, where "*" is a wildcard that matches any string.) I get that same "insert CD" screen if the file b.gjd is missing. Of course, if that files is missing, others may be as well.
ah, your right. i was missing that file for some reason. il try again! thanks
slx

Post by slx »

please, help me! how can i run this game? the scummvm dosen't see it when i mounted in, or have i copy the disk contents into a dir on the hdd?
Strangerke
ScummVM Developer

Post by Strangerke »

Yes, you have to copy the files on your HDD.
Check the readme file provided with ScummVM, check this and the 7th guest special case described there.
slx

Post by slx »

Thanks for your help!