Flight of the Amazon Queen on iPhone

General chat related to ScummVM, adventure gaming, and so on.

Moderator: ScummVM Team

Chris-red

Flight of the Amazon Queen on iPhone

Post by Chris-red »

Hi All

I have been using ScummVM for ages now, I love all the Lucas Arts games ever since playing Monkey Island on my Amiga when I was about 7 :lol:

Anyway recently I bought Flight of the Amazon Queen on the iPhone (through the App Store)

I have loved this game it has been great fun. I understand the ScummVM team helped with the port.

My issue is, I get to near the end, after getting the crystal skull and I get stuck. I have looked at guides that say I need to buy alcohol for the the jet pack. But trader bob says I haven't got enough money :? I'm confused I have money in my inventory and unless I have missed something I can't see why I can't get the alcohol.

Any ideas? it is the second time I have played through the game and gotten stuck at this point.
md5
ScummVM Developer

Re: Flight of the Amazon Queen on iPhone

Post by md5 »

Chris-red wrote:I have loved this game it has been great fun. I understand the ScummVM team helped with the port.
In fact, 99.99% of the port is ScummVM :)
Chris-red wrote:My issue is, I get to near the end, after getting the crystal skull and I get stuck. I have looked at guides that say I need to buy alcohol for the the jet pack. But trader bob says I haven't got enough money :? I'm confused I have money in my inventory and unless I have missed something I can't see why I can't get the alcohol.
Have you looked at the comic book to determine that the rocket pack can be refueled with alcohol?
"Lots of money" to buy the alcohol can be found on the couch in the Floda Inc. Camp library
Chris-red

Post by Chris-red »

md5 wrote:
Chris-red wrote:I have loved this game it has been great fun. I understand the ScummVM team helped with the port.
In fact, 99.99% of the port is ScummVM :)
Chris-red wrote:My issue is, I get to near the end, after getting the crystal skull and I get stuck. I have looked at guides that say I need to buy alcohol for the the jet pack. But trader bob says I haven't got enough money :? I'm confused I have money in my inventory and unless I have missed something I can't see why I can't get the alcohol.
Have you looked at the comic book to determine that the rocket pack can be refueled with alcohol?
"Lots of money" to buy the alcohol can be found on the couch in the Floda Inc. Camp library
Looked at the Comic, Couch what couch :D I'll check!

BTW If you have any say in it I want more Scummvm ports on the iphone.

In particular, Full throttle,TDOTT and dig.

I hope they bring out MI3 and BS2 too.

Many thanks

Chris
Chris-red

Post by Chris-red »

Sorted it, Thanks!
Ephaelon

Post by Ephaelon »

Chris-red wrote:...
BTW If you have any say in it I want more Scummvm ports on the iphone.

In particular, Full throttle,TDOTT and dig.

I hope they bring out MI3 and BS2 too.

Many thanks

Chris
Revolution Studios have released great ports/remakes of Broken Sword 1(a director's cut even!) and Beneath a Steel Sky for the iphone. I really like interface. I sincerely hope they do the same with BS2.