save game with scummvm 1.1.1 android

Subforum for discussion and help with ScummVM's Android port

Moderator: ScummVM Team

gaia_death

save game with scummvm 1.1.1 android

Post by gaia_death »

i have just got scummvm running on my htc desire and in the menu the save and load game buttons are grey and cant be used. i cant save using the games save as it does not work with my touch screen only phone. how do i get scummvm to let me save and load games so i can continue from where i left off. if you can help i would be very great full.
eriktorbjorn
ScummVM Developer

Re: save game with scummvm 1.1.1 android

Post by eriktorbjorn »

gaia_death wrote:in the menu the save and load game buttons are grey and cant be used.
Which game? Not all engines support saving/loading using ScummVM's built-in dialog, so you have to use whatever dialog the game itself provides.
gaia_death

Post by gaia_death »

oh right thanks i guess i cant save the game on simon the sorcerer 1 as the enter button on the keyboard doesn't work for ending the saved games tittle once you have type it in. know if there are any builds for android that do allow saved games by scummvm app?
stoobloo

Post by stoobloo »

Sometimes creating a new folder for the save path works, and changes it from being greyed out.

I have a folder - conveniently entitled 'save', and that has worked for me.
macabro22

Thank You!

Post by macabro22 »

stoobloo wrote:Sometimes creating a new folder for the save path works, and changes it from being greyed out.

I have a folder - conveniently entitled 'save', and that has worked for me.
Cool doode! That works for me too. Thanks for sharing!